Pages

Monday 25 January 2016

Happy Australia Day!!

Hello everybody and Happy Australia Day to you!

Its been a while since my last post and honestly, I don't know how I used to blog on a more regular basis. Anyway, today I thought I would chat a little bit about some of my favourite breakfast and brunch hangs because I LOVE FOOD.

Let's start with Aliment Cafe because I think it is one of the most underrated cafes for Brunch in Perth :-)

If you follow me on Insta, you will have noticed that I go to Aliment A LOT. I have tried most things on the menu and come regularly for the specials.

My housemates and I started going here when it just opened and we have been hooked ever since.

My old and faithful item on the menu is the Brunch Bruschetta. It has lashings of smashed avocado, feta, tomatoes and it is served with a poached egg (though I think they have upgraded it to two now), seeded sourdough, rocket and balsamic glaze. Now, this is SUPER delicious. Like, I could bathe in the balsamic glaze - it is my favourite sauce ever on a breakfast plate. It is the solution to my every problem. Got a zit? Put some BG on it. The feta is also really yum, but sometimes I wish it had less in it. I like my feta, but it can be overpowering. Apart from that, it is a 9/10 dish in my book!

Damo getting into his Brunch Bruschetta
The Green Bowl - a special item I wish they would bring back
I went in today for brunch with my housemate, Damo, and I tried the Omelette Special. It was basically a Spanish Omelette with chorizo, red onion, and mozarella with smashed avocado, potato skins, rocket and coriander on top. This was a bit of a letdown for me because combination of red onions and mozarella and chorizo made the omelette too heavy. I think it could do with a little bit more salt as well. Sorry Aliment - the potato skins were the best thing on here. It was well seasoned and deliciously crispy.

My skinny cap. Look at that generous sprinkling of chocolate!
Taking notes....

The Omelette Special
Aliment Cafe is located on 170 Railway Parade, West Leedervile.

Last weekend I visited the newly opened Odyssea Beach Cafe which is located at City Beach. I feel like I can't really give an in depth review or a hearty thumbs up as I have only been there once. However, I can wholeheartedly say that my Summer Bean Salad was one of the best brunch plates I have had in a while. It is not the healthiest option (the name is deceiving) but if you feel like a bit of an indulgence, order this!


Check out their full menu here!

Alright guys, hope you had fun reading my blurb. I hope to have more posts up soon on the beauty front. Stay tuned! Let me leave you with the most embarassing Snap I took in the year 2015. I mean seriously - what am I doing?


Lots of Love,
Cindy xx

2 comments:

Leave a comment